Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Would you have been able to use civil disobedience and non- violence?

I think I would be able to use civil disobedience and non-violence in these cases. People throughout the country were fighting for their rights, no matter what happened to them. I believe that if i had important rights taken away I would fight to get those rights back. Whites might believe that they needed to fight even to death, but we should be able to settle our differences in non-violent ways. Some of the sit-ins that children protested in I believe I could have sat in too. Many of the protests that went on in the streets became violent, but even if they led to violence most of them weren't meant to be harmful. A great number of deaths were the result of an overreaction of angry whites. Although it seems very dangerous to protest peacefully, I believe that if I was fighting for what i believed in, no deadly acts could effect my end goal.

No comments: